People criticizing TFIOS because Gus sounds pretentious???
that was the point???
like literally at his fake funeral his best friend talks about how fucking pretentious he is and how annoying it was???
It was one of his character flaws? He was deliberately written that way?
You’re not being clever or critical by pointing it out, you are literally stating a fact about the novel that the author deliberately wrote
Jaime. 20. New York/Pennsylvania. Hannibal has ruined my life. Also sometimes I reblog Community and John Green and stuff.
- Holt is a self-made Batman type without any powers, but Jake and Boyle are CONVINCED that he’s at least psychic or can teleport or has super hearing or SOMETHING because he seems like he’s EVERYWHERE and always knows EVERYTHING.
- Jake is a speedster with nonexistent impulse control.
- Rosa SEEMS like she has super strength but also everyone’s too afraid to ask her if she actually has powers or what they are.
- Boyle is Aquaman and is always indignantly insisting that there’s more to it than just TALKING TO FISH, OKAY, BUT ALSO FISH ARE PRETTY GREAT AND YOU’D ALL BE LUCKY TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH THEM
- Terry is Wolverine but he prefers using his claws to sculpt beautiful artwork to using them as weapons.
- Amy is Superman and in a crisis she’s always GREAT but outside of that she’s a tryhard mess who is always like “oh, Captain Holt, let me de-ice your car with my heat vision so you don’t have to go to the trouble of scraping it off!” and even though she does it ALL THE TIME with her own car she ends up overdoing it and setting his car on fire.
- Everyone is like 95% sure Gina is actually a supervillain but she swears up and down she’s just a humble and totally human civilian administrator, but then she laughs really creepily right after, so nobody knows what the hell to think other than someday she’ll probably kill them all.
You don’t pick your parents, and you don’t pick your partner.
If I were to be hired curator of the Smithsonian museum of American Televisual History I would have this line playing on loop in a room somewhere and in other news I JUST CAME UP WITH MY DREAM JOB YOU GUYS OH MY GOD WHY DOES THAT NOT EXIST (via lulabo)
Sebastian Stan’s body in Picnic (Broadway, 2013)
Sebastian Stan | A Lesson on Seducing and Getting Seduced
"Are you sure we’re not related," Jaime asks Brienne "because I’ve had an erection this whole time"
I meant no offense.
And you’ve given none.
the first episode of the season is always awkward bc of the way they namedrop and stuff for new people or to remind people. like when you talk to your dad are you like “i, jaime of house lannister, the one they call kingslayer, who lost his hand also our symbol is the lion and we are rich and the king”
Wes Anderson // Centered, A Visual Exploration of the Director’s Perfect Symmetry in Films (x)
"I have a way of filming things and staging them and designing sets. There were times when I thought I should change my approach, but in fact, this is what I like to do. It’s sort of like my handwriting as a movie director. And somewhere along the way, I think I’ve made the decision: I’m going to write in my own handwriting."
futamono: a summary